The Diploma in Agrotechnology is envisioned to produce trained human resources in the field of agricultural technology to cater the demand of National Agricultural Policies. The programme shall expose students to gain knowledge and hands-on training on agricultural areas such as agricultural fundamental, agricultural science, agricultural production, food technology, machinery and system. The students also are required to manage agricultural projects which involves planning, cultivation, harvesting and marketing throughout the courses. Apart from that, it is compulsory for the students to undergo industrial training in related industries. This will enable students to apply the technical skills and communication skills, and adapt as well as adopt the new technologies and challenges in their future workplace that promote lifelong learning.
The programme aims to cater for the demand of National Agriculture Policy (NAP) by producing an agrotechnology expertise in supporting the country’s aspiration to ensure the competitiveness and sustainability of the agricultural industry.
PROGRAMME EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEO)
The Diploma in Agrotechnology should be able to produce agrotechnologist who are:
PEO1: apply fundamental knowledge, understanding and technical skills of agrotechnology in assisting to provide solution for agricultural issues and challenges
PEO2: integrate values, attitudes, professionalism and social skills in engaging with society and stakeholder
PEO3: alternately adopt the roles of a leader and a team member, and communicate effectively in assisting to solve scientific creative solutions for agrotechnology problems
PEO4: engaged in activities to embark entrepreneurial skills for career advancement and innovatively assist to manage resources and information
PROGRAMME LEARNING OUTCOMES (PLO)
Upon completion of the programme, students should be able to:
PLO1: apply basic knowledge of applied science, farm production and agrotechnology system to assist in providing solution to agriculture industry
PLO2: perform in planting operation and management, laboratory work, information technology, mechanisation and provide maintenance for a sustainable agrotechnology environment
PLO3: demonstrate social skills and responsibilities in the community
PLO4: display positive values, ethics and accountability in engaging with society
PLO5: demonstrate effective communication and taking alternate role as a leader and a member of a diverse team
PLO6: analyse issues and assist in providing solutions for agrotechnology by employing appropriate and relevant scientific approaches
PLO7: demonstrate information management and lifelong learning skills in agrotechnology society
PLO8: demonstrate entrepreneurial and good managerial skills for the development of agriculture industry
The Diploma in Agrotechnology is envisioned to produce trained human resources in the field of agriculture technology to cater the demand of National policies. The programme shall expose students to gain knowledge and hands-on training such as food production, ICT, automation and mechanization, agro biotechnology, production technology, industrial crops, agro industry, post harvest technology, agro sustainability, crop protection and management. Students are also equipped with the latest technology skill of the area such as fermentation technology, microbe technology, precision agriculture and organic farming. Students are also required to operate and manage agro project and practical, which involves cropping, harvesting and marketing stage throughout activities during their studies.
Apart from that, students will also be offered general courses comprising Mathematics, Basic Science, Communication English, Islamic Education and Moral Studies, Computer Application and Self Development. They will also undergo industrial training in agriculture farms, government research institutes and related industries locally to gain skill, additional knowledge and experiences. This will provide good foundation of knowledge, technical skills and communication skills which enable them to adapt and adopt new technologies and challenges that they will encounter at work and while undergoing lifelong learning.
Diploma in Agrotechnology graduates from Polytechnics, Ministry of Education Malaysia will have knowledge, technical skills and attitude to adapt themselves with new technological advancement and challenges in the development of agrotechnology.
PROGRAMME EDUCATION OBJECTIVES (PEO)
The Diploma in Agrotechnology programme shall produce semi-professionals who are:
1. able to demonstrate knowledge skills and attitude that will allow them to make substantial contributions and meet new agriculture technology challenges.
2. communicate and interact responsibly to solve agrotechnology problems and contribute leadership skill effectively to secure the society and environment.
3. practice good work ethics, able to promote good morality and behaviour and will continuously enhance their knowledge and skills.
4. possess adaptable entrepreneurial skills to prepare themselves for the upcoming challenges.
5. engage in lifelong learning through self-study and continuous learning.
PROGRAMME LEARNINGOUTCOMES (PLO)
Upon completion of the programme, graduates should be able to:
1. apply knowledge of computer technology, social sciences, mathematics, soft skill in related area of agriculture technology to be outstanding and successful in the future.
2. use technical information based on specification of work requirement in agrotechnology.
3. communicate effectively in working in a multi-disciplinary team.
4. discuss the impact of agrotechnology solutions and identify agronomic problems in economic and environmental societal context and develop alternative solutions using transfer of technology.
5. recognize the roles and responsibilities to be played in every different condition and able to socialize effectively in profession.
6. recognize the need to undertake life-long learning to enhance agricultural sustainability.
7. apply managerial and entrepreneurial skills to commercialize agriculture produces using their own enterprise or through agriculture organisation.
8. apply good agriculture practice with moral, ethics and integrity.
9. demonstrate effective leadership responsibility and teamwork to meet the common goals.