E-DRAMA COMPETITION 2016
ORGANISED BY: GENERAL STUDIES DEPARTMENT, PSS
DATE: 27TH JUNE 2016 – 1ST AUGUST 2016
RULES & REGULATION:-
- E-Drama Competition 2016 is organized by General Studies Department of Politeknik Sandakan Sabah.
- This competition is open to all studentswho are currently enrolled (June 2016 Session) in full time study at the Polytechnic.
- Entry fee is FREE. Each class is allowed to send only ONE (1) TEAM which consists of FIVE (5) OR SIX (6) persons and no non-performing members should be registered.
- Only ORIGINAL MASTERPIECE by students will be judged for the potential ‘BEST DRAMA’ in this competition. Any kinds of PARODIES ARE NOT ALLOWED.
- Participating teams are encouraged to produce their own scripts. Scripts or translated scripts of established plays MUST be adapted and cited.
- Drama scripts must include synopses and cast lists and be typed using Font 12 Times New Roman on A4 paper.
- The theme of the play is ‘RESPECT’ while the genre is ‘TWISTED FAIRY TALES’. Each play is allocated within 15 – 20 minutes.
- First Prize – RM150, Second Prize – RM120, and Third Prize – RM100. All prizes will be paid in full. All participants will receive a certificate of participation.
- Judge’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Registration form can be obtained at General Studies Department (please refer to Mr. Julainus Jiun). Closing date for registration: 15TH JULY 2016.
- 11.All participating teams must submit their plays on DVD (non-returnable). Closing date for submission: 1ST AUGUST 2016 (Failure to apply within this time frame will result in the disqualification taking effect)
- All submitted materials will become the property of the Competition Organiser. The Competition Organiser reserves the right to publish any or all projects submitted.
- It is COMPULSORY to use English language throughout the drama performance. Nevertheless, limited use of certain local Malaysian registers is allowed.
- Use of vulgar words and gestures and gruesome scenes are strictly prohibited.
- Scripts must not touch on sensitive issues for instance, race, religion, politics, etc.
Themes reflecting positive messages and values should be predominant in the drama.
Participants should wear appropriate costumes in line with the characters they portray.
Each team may use background music to enhance the impact of any scene.
* By entering the Competition, you hereby warrant that all information submitted by you or your participating team is true, current and complete. The organiser (GENERAL STUDIES DEPARTMENT, PSS) reserves the right to verify the eligibility of all participants. The organiser (GENERAL STUDIES DEPARTMENT, PSS) reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe the participant has breached any of the Rules and Regulations.